The Madison Blue Springshed is located primarily in Madison County and a small part of western Hamilton County. The water use values shown represent groundwater use in Madison County as compiled by the United States Geological Survey.
Agricultural water use includes water withdrawn for crop irrigation, livestock, and fish farming purposes.
Recreational irrigation includes water used for turf grass (golf, commercial, industrial, and public) irrigation. This category was accounted for under Agricultural from 1965-1984 and 1986-1989.
- 1965-1990 Modified from USGS Open-File Report 94-521 (Marella, 1995).
- 1991-1994, 1996-1999 USGS unpublished water-use data files, Tallahassee, and published data from the Southwest Florida
Water Management District, Brooksville.
- 1995 USGS Water-Resources Investigations Report 99-4002 (Marella, 1999).
- 2000 USGS Scientific Investigations Report 2004-5151 (Marella, 2004) and Southwest Florida Water Management District (2002).
- 2005 Estimated water withdrawals provided by Richard Marella USGS.
- 2010 Estimated water withdrawals provided by Richard Marella USGS.
- Recreational use was not estimated in 1956, 1970, 1975 or 1980, but we put zero for ease of graphing.